[Intel-gfx] Write GFX_FLSH_CNT after updating GGTT entries

Chris Wilson chris at chris-wilson.co.uk
Fri Nov 20 01:40:15 PST 2015

On Fri, Nov 20, 2015 at 09:23:12AM +0000, Tian, Kevin wrote:
> [...]

Think back yonder when everything goes through the GGTT, and where
writing the PTEs was slower than allocating a bunch of pages and
applications would insist on submitting new objects every batch.

It was very easy to have workloads where UC GGTT updates were the
ratelimiting step. A WC update is ~8x faster, and sufficient to move the
bottleneck elsewhere.