[Intel-gfx] Potential NULL pointer dereference in intel_crt_get_edid

Shaobo He shaobo at cs.utah.edu
Tue Mar 19 16:53:53 UTC 2019

Thank you very much for your reply. Do you mean if I track the argument to the
callers, I should be able to figure out that the pin is always valid? I think I
have two questions for this approach. First, does it mean that the branch
returning NULL is practically dead code? Second, the driver code, as it appears
to me, does not have well-defined entry points like the main function. So if I
manage to track the arguments to a function whose caller is not explicit (e.g.,
it's address is taken in a structure), should I still assume that the pin is
valid when this function is used?

Thanks,
Shaobo