[Intel-gfx] Time for execbuf3 ?

Chris Wilson chris at chris-wilson.co.uk
Thu Mar 21 14:15:11 UTC 2019

Quoting Lionel Landwerlin (2019-03-21 14:08:39)
> Mostly it's just about having the ability to extend it.
> I can't really tell you up front what we're going to need until we do :)

Yup. My takeaway is that the uAPI debugability is something that has
never been taken seriously (-EINVAL!). And that if we are going to design
an asynchronous interface with variable command packets, then we need a
better means for userspace to see which command went wrong and why. For
that, I think attaching a tracek ringbuf to the interface would be ideal.

Unless I can sell you on a validation layer in userspace :)

> Do you know when that work would start?

Optimistically, soon.