[kmscon-devel] kmscon man page?

David Herrmann dh.herrmann at gmail.com
Thu May 8 14:44:17 PDT 2014

Hi

On Thu, May 8, 2014 at 10:57 PM, John Magolske <listmail at b79.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> * David Herrmann <dh.herrmann at gmail.com> [140508 07:47]:
>> >  How might I go about installing the kmscon man page?
>>
>> During ./configure time, you need to have 'xsltproc' (libxslt),
>> 'docbook-xsl' and 'docbook-xml' installed. These are 'built-time'
>> dependencies, only.
>
> After installing those dependencies and running `configure`, `make` &
> `make install` again, the man page is in place -- nice documentation!
> At the bottom of that page kmscon.conf(5) is called out, but I'm not
> seeing it installed or in the downloaded tarball. Does this exist
> somewhere?

Nope, this man-page still doesn't exist. Thing is, it's still parsed
as part of the command-line arguments. I never bothered writing a
proper config-file parser. Therefore, all you need to do is put the
command-line argument followed by a "=<value>" into that file (just
like standard GNU-getopt command-line arguments).

Cheers
David