[LDTP-Dev] LDTP 0.2.1 and above... - List of TO DO Specific to pyldtp

Nagappan anagappan at novell.com
Tue Oct 11 03:55:04 PDT 2005

Hi,

LDTP 0.2.1

- In appmap-gen.c, get_object_info function you can use switch case
instead of if condition ? Same can be done for get_object_type in gui.c
- if possible remove tree_table.c and merge the diff code to table.c
- Remove hash table after end of use
- What's the purpose of the below function in appmap-gen.c
value = g_strdup ("ADDED");
- If error dialog poped up, reason for error is displayed. It will be
good that we get the error reason from the dialog and log them from
script. For this we need to provide label generation in appmap
- filter_appmap_data should not use strcasecmp with role names, use role
types instead - appmap-gen.c
- In combo box, still we use RoleName instead of Role, that should be
modified
- command definitions are not common.  EX: some time with under score
and some time not. Check menu_item_main
- In select_panel function, we are doing 'panel_no - 1', which is not a
right one to do, find some better alternative and fix it. Also
select_panel function should be reviewed

LDTP 0.2.2
- We should search partial match of left side text in appmap entry (for
lengthy names)
- Review the complete combo_box.c and list.c
- When we do some action we are not checking the return value of that
accessible function, that should be done. If it fails we need to log them
- In layered_pane_main if condition can be converted to switch case
- In few places flag has been declared as int, it can be converted to
gboolean

LDTP 0.2.3
- We are not passing proper arguments to all the accessible functions.
For example if the argument type is 'long int', we are just passing
'long', Some times for long, we are passing int. Those things has to be
resolved
- Where ever we allocate memory, return values of them are not checked
- In appmap change all alloc to glib based alloc
- Use g_free instead of free

LDTP 0.2.4
- All the existing functions should be documented in wiki page. We
should also plan to have a copy of wiki as HTML pages with every release.
- list_child_menu_items should be re-looked both in menu.c and
menu_item.c. Do we require them, have we implemented it properly ?
- In few accessible functions, we have hard coded the arguments that has
to be removed. For example, in doAction the second argument will be
either 0 or 1. Which should be modified to a generic one

LDTP 0.2.5
- All LDTP functions should be automated, just to verify that they are
working

LDTP 0.2.6
- Logging messages in all the .c files should follow some standard
- get_label return value is not utilized in label.c
- All the main functions in .c files should use switch case
- If params[0] or subsequent arrays can be NULL, most of the time,
inside any function its not checked. They are just directly used. Ex:
in, select_panel_name function params[0] is directly assigned and we
started manipulating it

LDTP 0.3.0
- We have to plan giving all the available accessible functions to
export through LDTP
- If unable to get text from accessible, we are not handling the
situation ? Is this required ?
- Worth trying python logging library ?

Thanks
Nagappan

--
Nagappan A <anagappan at novell.com>
Novell Software Development (I) Pvt. Ltd.