[LDTP-Dev] Simple python script is not working

Mauricio Lin mauriciolin at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 08:27:34 PDT 2005

Hi Shaheed,

The selectmenuitem is working now. Thanks.

I have followed the new "How to write test scripts in python" and another
similar error is happening. See below:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "simple.py", line 13, in ?
click('dlgOpenFile', 'btnCancel')
ldtp.error: Unable to get gui handle ldtp.c 494

The gedit.map that show the dlgOpenFile is:
[dlgOpenFile...]
dlgOpenFile={class=dialog,parent=gedit,child_index=1,label=Open File...}
flr0={class=filler,parent=dlgOpenFile,child_index=0}
btnOpen={class=push_button,parent=flr13,child_index=0,label=Open}
btnCancel={class=push_button,parent=flr13,child_index=1,label=Cancel}

The script is:

initappmap('/home/mauricio/teste/gedit.map')

launchapp('gedit')

selectmenuitem ('frmUnsavedDocument1-gedit', 'mnuFile;mnuOpen')

guiexist ('dlgOpenFile')

click('dlgOpenFile', 'btnCancel')

BR,

Mauricio Lin.