[LDTP-Dev] ldtp question about mozilla firefox

fong ncfong at gmail.com
Sat Oct 22 08:12:07 PDT 2005

hello,

I get the following error message when I try to run the test script. For
this testing, I have generated the map file successfully and opened the
firefox before executing the python script. The LDTP version is 2.0, Firefox
is 1.06 and Suse is 9.3. Is it necessary to upgrade some of lib packages ?
Thanks.

Error Message:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "firefox.py", line 9, in ?
    selectmenuitem('frmnoname','mnuFile;mnuNewTab')
ldtp.error: Select Menu Item: Select action failed ldtp.c 1256

firefox.py:
#!/usr/bin/python

from ldtp import *
from ldtputils import *
import string,sys,os,commands,time,filecmp

initappmap('mozilla.map')

selectmenuitem('frmnoname','mnuFile;mnuNewTab')

mozilla.map: (I extract the main part of it here because it is too large)
[frmnoname]
frmnoname={class=frame,parent=mozilla,child_index=0,label=no name}
txtnoname={class=text,parent=frmnoname,child_index=0,label=no name}
uknnoname={class=unknown,parent=frmnoname,child_index=1,label=no name}
uknnoname1={class=unknown,parent=uknnoname,child_index=0,label=no name}
uknnoname2={class=unknown,parent=uknnoname1,child_index=0,label=no name}
txtnoname1={class=text,parent=frmnoname,child_index=2,label=no name}
txtnoname2={class=text,parent=frmnoname,child_index=3,label=no name}
tbarnoname={class=tool_bar,parent=frmnoname,child_index=4,label=no name}
tbarnoname1={class=tool_bar,parent=tbarnoname,child_index=0,label=no name}
mbrApplication={class=menu_bar,parent=tbarnoname1,child_index=0,label=Application}
mnuFile={class=menu,parent=mbrApplication,child_index=0,label=File}
mnuNewWindow={class=menu_item,parent=mnuFile,child_index=0,label=New Window}
mnuNewTab={class=menu_item,parent=mnuFile,child_index=1,label=New Tab}

Thanks,
fong