[LDTP-Dev] Running gedit ldtp scripts

Robert E McDonald remcd at us.ibm.com
Wed Aug 30 08:48:40 PDT 2006

Hi All.
   I work at IBM Austin and would like to use LDTP to test a Linux desktop
application.  After downloading the LDTP rpm, I downloaded some gedit test
scripts from "webcvs.freedesktop.org/pyautosuite/gedit" and was successful
in executing them.  I then downloaded some newer gedit test scripts from
"people.freedesktop.org/~prashmohan/gedit".  I have not been able to
successfully execute these test cases.  The following is the log file
(gedit-log.xml) from executing "ldtprunner gedit-main.xml" from this
directory.

 <?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
<!-- XML Logging -->
<ldtp>
<warning>testcaseid entry not present - skipping</warning>
<warning>comment entry not present - skipping</warning>
<group name="Executing-group1">
<debug>Data file maynot be present</debug>
<script name="gedit.py">
<warning>data xml tag missing</warning>
<test name="Gedit-Launch">
<error>Unable to update context: frmTop*Panel in appmap</error>
<error>Cannot</error>
</test>
<error>stopping this group execution</error>
<cause>0</cause>
</script>
<groupstatus>0 test scripts passed of 16</groupstatus>
</group>
</ldtp>

   It appears that the gedit application does not start.  I would
appreciate any help you might be able to give me.

Thanks,
   Ted McDonald