[LDTP-Dev] Object name conventions

Nagappan anagappan at novell.com
Wed Mar 22 22:42:04 PST 2006

Hi,
    The following question was asked to me...

    To get an idea of what the window names, widget names etc are, I had
    to refer to the appmap, so without the appmap, will it not be
    difficult to automate?

Window names you can use as it is, what ever you are seeing in the title
and for objects you can use the conventions like txt for text, btn for
button. For more detailed ref about conventions check
http://gnomebangalore.org/ldtp/index.php/Appmap_convention
<http://gnomebangalore.org/ldtp/index.php/Appmap_convention>. To know
what exactly the object type you can also generate the appmap and
alternatively you can use at-poke tool -
http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/at-poke <http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/at-poke>.

Thanks
Nagappan

--
Nagappan A <anagappan at novell.com>
Novell Software Development (I) Pvt. Ltd.