[LDTP-Dev] Fwd: LDTP ARM porting...

Nagappan A nagappan at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 21:08:14 PST 2006

Hi all,
   FYI.

Thanks
Nagappan

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Puneet Mishra <Puneet.Mishra at palmsource.com>
Date: Mar 21, 2006 7:39 AM
Subject: LDTP ARM porting...
To: nagappan at gmail.com

Hello Nagappan,

I am working at PalmSource,Inc. an Access Company
(http://www.palmsource.com <http://www.palmsource.com/> ) as an
Automation Lead SQA Engineer, and we would like to join the LDTP
project.

Our objective in contributing to this project is to help provide the
open-source community with an automation tool for automating Linux
devices running on ARM processors. These devices can be PDAs and/or
Phones with typically very limited linux package installations and
hardware resources when compared to Desktops.

Goals:

1. Porting LDTP to ARM for the Access Linux Platform:
Access Linux Platform will contain:
* Linux kernel - version 2.6.12 and above
* Optimized implementation of GIMP ToolKit (GTK+)

2. Minimize dependencies such that the impact of LDTP on the device
under test is minimum in terms of performance and memory consumption for
effective testing.

3. Creating a Client-Server remote execution model:
In the current LDTP architecture it would mean, that the
(TestScripts)-(LDTPClient) would be on the desktop while the
(LDTPEngine)-(AT-SPI)-(AUT) will reside on the device.

We look forward to working with the LDTP community.

Regards,

Puneet

--
Linux Desktop Testing Project - http://ldtp.freedesktop.org