[LDTP-Dev] Object-Oriented scripts

Nagappan A nagappan at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 11:35:57 PDT 2008

Hello Ara,

Thanks for your interest on Object Oriented LDTP :)

I have recently updated Object Oriented LDTP (a kind of) with LDTP 1.0.0 and
1.0.1.

With this implementation, the code can be like

Approach 1:

from ooldtp import *

a = context ('*-gedit')
a.component.name = 'btnFind'
a.component.click ()

Approach 2:

from ooldtp import *

a = context ('*-gedit')
b = a.child ('btnFind')
b.click ()

Approach 3:

from ooldtp import *

gedit = context ('*-gedit')
gedit.component.click ('btnFind')

Approach 4:

from ooldtp import *

gedit = context ('*-gedit')
gedit.click ('btnFind')

Unfortunately the LDTP editor, doesn't support this format yet. So, you may
need to write the code for it, manually ! If this approach is interesting to
you, probably we can implement it in LDTP editor ! So, you can record the
events and generate the code for it !

Thanks
Nagappan

On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 8:06 AM, Ara Pulido <ara at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am evaluating LDTP to record some scripts for Ubuntu distribution. I
> would like to use Object-oriented scripts, rather than the usual syntax.
>
> http://ldtp.freedesktop.org/wiki/Object-Oriented_LDTP seems to be
> outdated. At least I cannot find the convert.py you mentioned there. How
> is the easiest way to do this??
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Regards,
> Ara.

Linux Desktop (GUI Application) Testing Project -
http://ldtp.freedesktop.org
http://nagappanal.blogspot.com