[LDTP-Dev] installing LDTP 1.3 on Ubuntu 8.04

Nagappan A nagappan at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 10:30:47 PDT 2008

Hello Gabor,

You can get binary distribution for many distribution that are supported by
OpenSuSE build service
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/anagappan/ and latest LDTP
packages are available there.

Thanks
Nagappan

On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 7:09 AM, Gabor Szabo <szabgab at gmail.com> wrote:

> thanks, that helped.
>
> Gabor
>
> On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 4:06 PM, Araceli Pulido
> <araceli.pulido at canonical.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hello Gabor,
> >
> > There's no need to compile anything.
> >
> > Installing the packages at-spi and libatspi-dev should be enough.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Ara.
> >
> > On Wed, 2008-10-01 at 15:32 +0300, Gabor Szabo wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I am trying to install LDTP on Ubuntu Hardy (8.04)
> >> aptitude install ldtp works but it brings me version ldtp-0.9.2
> >>
> >> So I downloaded 1.3 and ran ./configure --prefix=/opt/ldtp
> >> which gave me
> >>
> >> [...]
> >> checking for pkg-config... /usr/bin/pkg-config
> >> checking pkg-config is at least version 0.9.0... yes
> >> checking for LIBXML2... yes
> >> checking for GLIB2... yes
> >> checking for CSPI_1_0... configure: error: Package requirements
> >> (cspi-1.0 >= 1.2.0) were not met:
> >>
> >> No package 'cspi-1.0' found
> >>
> >> Consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you
> >> installed software in a non-standard prefix.
> >>
> >> Alternatively, you may set the environment variables CSPI_1_0_CFLAGS
> >> and CSPI_1_0_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.
> >> See the pkg-config man page for more details.
> >>

> >> This is strange , especially the (cspi-1.0 >= 1.2.0) part.
> >> Anyway, what is cspi and where do I get it from?
> >>
> >> As I understood from some web searching cspi is distributed as part of
> >> at-spi. I have that installed
> >> an apparently that is also too old.
> >>
> >> So where do I get its sources from and do I need to compile Gnome
> >> against it in order to use it
> >> or can I use it with my current Gnome installation that came with
> Ubuntu?
> >>

> >> Gabor

Linux Desktop (GUI Application) Testing Project -
http://ldtp.freedesktop.org
http://nagappanal.blogspot.com