[LDTP-Dev] AppMap functionality?

Nagappan A nagappan at gmail.com
Sat Oct 4 16:22:38 PDT 2008

Hello Wallace,

On Sat, Oct 4, 2008 at 1:56 PM, Wallace Owen <owen at metamachine.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I started out trying dogtail, which seemed extremely slow.  I'm now
> trying to tackle using ldtp for my testing.

Nice to know that :)

> What I haven't figured out yet is how to get a dump of the widget
> hierarchy.  I see how I can use the editor tool to get the application
> to reveal the names of it's menu buttons and dialogs.  Now I want to
> discover the name of the table in the file selection tool, but since
> it's not something I directly interact with in the app, I can't use the
> editor to discover it's name.

You can use getobjectlist ('<Window name>')

More info available here
http://ldtp.freedesktop.org/user-doc/getobjectlist.html

All window related functions available here
http://ldtp.freedesktop.org/user-doc/window.html

In dogtail they had some code that'd walk the tree by querying for each
> 'node's children.  What do I do in ldtp?

We have more than 150 ready made API's and most of them are documented here
http://ldtp.freedesktop.org/user-doc/index.html

Lastly, how can I help?  I've been developing in C since '82, in C++
> since '87 and in Python since 2004.  I've developed python bindings and
> have a very good grasp of their 'ways'.

That will be awesome. We are moving the framework from C to python. We need
lots of help in this area. Also, if you could populate the widget hierarchy
info inside LDTP Editor in LDTP format will be nice :)

Thanks
Nagappan

--
Linux Desktop (GUI Application) Testing Project -
http://ldtp.freedesktop.org