[LDTP-Dev] does the ldtp plan to add at-spi-dbus support

Nagappan A nagappan at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 11:16:25 PST 2009

Hello Shuang,

On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 12:16 AM, Wan, Shuang <shuang.wan at intel.com> wrote:

>  Hi
>

>          I am new to ldtp community.

Welcome :)

> After several days investigation on the accessibility technology, I got
> follow conclusion about it. If not correct, please correct me J
>
> 1.       atspi-dbus is still under heavy development, plan make a first
> release in 2009;

Correct

> 2.       atspi-dbus will be not fully compatible with at-spi-dbus;

There is only one and its at-spi-dbus
http://www.linuxfoundation.org/en/AT-SPI_on_D-Bus

> 3.       currently ldtp use the atspi-corba interface, and has some
> dependency to corba and orbit;

If we use pyatspi (python based at-spi implementation), then we are
compatible with at-spi-dbus too. The current LDTP recording is based on
pyatspi. Existing execution engine is being ported to use pyatspi and the
work is going on in trunk

> My question is that does the ldtp plan to add at-spi-dbus support in future
> if atspi-dbus is ready?

Ofcourse yes :)

Thanks
Nagappan

> Thanks!
>

> Best regards
>
> Wan Shuang

Linux Desktop (GUI Application) Testing Project -
http://ldtp.freedesktop.org
http://nagappanal.blogspot.com