[LDTP-Dev] ldtp: Ubuntu package upload before tarball release?

Ara Pulido ara at ubuntu.com
Wed Apr 14 23:36:54 PDT 2010

Hello Kartik,

On 04/15/2010 07:06 AM, Kartik Mistry wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I saw that 2.0.6 has been uploaded to Ubuntu before its release of
> tarball. This is something worries me as community contributor to LDTP
> project. Are we giving special treatment to Ubuntu?

This is untrue. I was working closely with upstream at #ldtp because
today we were reaching Final Freeze, and we needed some urgent fixes in.
When we verified that the fixes were there, Nagappan released the
tarball and, then, I uploaded it to Ubuntu.

If you see the dates, the tarball was released:
14-Apr-2010 03:46, which is 10:46UTC

The Ubuntu package was uploaded at
Wed, 14 Apr 2010 13:04:35 +0200, which is 11:04UTC

As you can see, the Ubuntu package was uploaded 20 minutes later, not
before.

I understand your concerns, but rest assure that Nagappan and the rest
of the LDTP team are not giving special treatment to Ubuntu.

Also, our intention from Ubuntu, as always, is to stay synced with
Debian whenever possible, forward packaging patches and keep
collaboration clear. I am sorry you felt left out and I will do my best
to improve communication with you.

Regards,
Ara.