[LDTP-Dev] Error with settextvalue()

Nagappan Alagappan nagappan at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 20:27:28 PST 2011

Hi Alberto,

I had chat in #kde-accessibility, fregl suggested:

<fregl> and be aware that Qt 4.7 is very broken when it comes to a11y. if
you want any help from my side you should test with Qt 4.8 and up to date
qt-at-spi bridge
<fregl> nags: ok, I just tried with a simple line edit and qt 4.8. for me
queryText() works

Is there a way you can try QT 4.8 ? if you come to know a package repo for
QT 4.8, please let me know, I will also try.

Thanks
Nagappan

On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 11:16 PM, Alberto Mardegan <
alberto.mardegan at canonical.com> wrote:

> Hi Nagappan,
>
> On 11/28/2011 09:22 PM, Nagappan Alagappan wrote:
> > I'm not aware that QT app is accessible in Ubuntu. Can you please suggest
> > me the steps to setup ? Also the application name will be helpful.
>
> it is as easy as exporting QT_ACCESSIBILITY=1 and starting any qt
> application. Note that if you see the "Accessibility DBus not found.
> Falling back to session bus." warning you should kill at-spi2-registryd
> and restart it.
> Sometimes (randomly, apparently) I can see a lot of warnings coming from
> libdbus, but things still work.
>
> For an application example, you can try:
>
> QT_ACCESSIBILITY=1 qdbusviewer
>
> And then start accerciser.
>
> Ciao,
>  Alberto

Linux Desktop (GUI Application) Testing Project -
http://ldtp.freedesktop.org
http://nagappanal.blogspot.com