[LDTP-Dev] How to automate a GUI application's operation using python in GNU/Linux?

Nagappan Alagappan nagappan at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 17:50:18 PDT 2012

Hi Shrinivasan,

Completely a different view :-)

launchapp('gthumb', ['/home/nags/Downloads/tamil.gif'])
waittillguiexist('frm*gThumb')
# Grab focus on icon doesn't work on Linux, so using button
grabfocus('frm*gThumb', 'btnEnhanceColors')
wait(1)
# On Ubuntu 12.04 noticed the thumbnail view icon's start from ico8
# Verified with generatemouseevent(x + width / 2, y + height /2, 'abs')
size = getobjectsize('')
generatemouseevent(size[0] + size[2] / 2, size[1] + size[3] / 2)
wait(1)
click('frmtamil.gif-4/4-gThumb', 'tbtnEdit')
wait(1)
click('frm*gThumb', 'btnEnhanceColors')
# Note the images I have doesn't take time, so there is no in between popup
# you might need to add additional time or waittillguiexist('window',
guiTimeOut = 3)
# and once that appears call waittillguinotexist('window') instead of wait
wait(1)
click('frm*gThumb', 'btnSave')

Hope this helps to start with the script

Thanks
Nagappan