[LDTP-Dev] object identification

Onorato Vaticone onorato at onoratovaticone.it
Wed Jun 6 02:16:16 PDT 2012

Hi all,
first of all, this project is very exiting :-)
I´m trying to understand if CobraWinLDTP is suitable for our project so I´m
making some test. One problem I have is in identification of object in the
GUI. I´ll try to explain better. Through VisualUIAVerify I can see the name
of the button, menú item etc. but in some case there is not a name and so I
can´t access to the object. Example :

from ldtp import *
guiexist ('MyApp*')
click (' MyApp *', 'btnUpdateInfo')

This work because I can see the name "UpdateInfo" in the VisualUIAVerify.
but this example :

from ldtp import *
guiexist (' MyApp *')
selectmenuitem (' MyApp*', 'mnuFile;mnuOpen')

Doesn´t work maybe because I cannot see the "File" name property and "Open"
name property in the VisualUIAVerify even though I have filled out in my
application (i have source code).

My question is I´m proceeding correctly ? there is another way to identify
the object in an application ?

I´m using the windows version of LDTP.

many thanks !!
Onorato.