[LDTP-Dev] Unable to find window "*-gedit"

Nagappan Alagappan nagappan at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 21:21:02 PDT 2012

Hi Esolve,

I haven't lately tried with Fedora 16, maybe check with this from command
line (as regular user):

gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.interface toolkit-accessibility 'true'

You need to logout and login, I guess. Please let me know the result, so
that we can document it.

Thanks
Nagappan

On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 4:35 PM, esolve esolve <esolvepolito at gmail.com>wrote:

> My machine is installed with fedora 16 and I downloaded ldtp3 from
>
> http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home%3A/anagappan%3A/ldtp2%3A/rpm/Fedora_16/x86_64/
>
> previously I downloaded ldtp2 from the ldtp website, for both of them I
> meet the following error(see below),  I think the reason is probably that I
> can't activate Assistive Technology on fedo ra 16. BUt indeed there is no
> such item in fedora 16. Are there any solutions for this?
>
> I have another question, basically, my target is to write a script to
> operate on a modified firefox. I want to
> 1 click in sequence on the "Tools"->"Add-ons"-> "Plugins"
> 2 click on the "enable" button for Adobe shockwave flash plugin
>
> I'm new with this tool, so I want to know can I use LDTP to achieve my
> target?  thanks!
>

> <http://www.google.fr/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CCAQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fldtp.myfastforum.org%2Fsutra47.php&ei=XQR2UPeBKITRhAe7-YGQCg&usg=AFQjCNE6EAQZWrXyt49D4BOeKAB1vfo0WA>>>>
> from ldtp import *
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ldtp/client.py", line 69, in
> __call__
>     return self.__send(self.__name, args)
>   File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/xmlrpclib.py", line 1578, in __request
>     verbose=self.__verbose
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ldtp/client.py", line 184, in
> request
>     raise LdtpExecutionError(e.faultString.encode('utf-8'))
> ldtp.client_exception.LdtpExecutionError: Unable to find window "*-gedit"

Linux Desktop (GUI Application) Testing Project -
http://ldtp.freedesktop.org
Cobra - Windows GUI Automation tool - https://github.com/ldtp/cobra
http://nagappanal.blogspot.com