[LDTP-Dev] Running LDTP tests in Xvfb

Nagappan Alagappan nagappan at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 18:54:28 PDT 2012

Hi Andres,

On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 6:31 PM, Andres Riancho <andres.riancho at gmail.com>wrote:

> Nagappan,
>
>     Thanks for the quick reply, please read inline:
>
> On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 4:04 PM, Nagappan Alagappan <nagappan at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi Andres,
> >
> > Unfortunately the underlying libraries doesn't work based on DISPLAY.
>
>     That sucks :(

I mean to say a11y libraries, anyways you got what I try to convey :-)

> > You can use either of the approach [1]
>
>     Executing scripts remotely is not what I need, since I want to
> have the code under test and the LDTP test in the same workstation,
> ideally developers should be able to run these LDTP tests in their
> workstations before a commit.
>
> > or [2].
>
>     Hudson X11 is similar to what I've read in Mago's wiki, the
> a11yservice.py // a11yclient.py are basically a way to send commands
> from one context to the other. The client is run in the Hudson context
> and in which context does the service run? xinit?

I created this for Mago project. Hudson runs as root user (atleast in
Ubuntu). So, I need to create 2 different scripts, a11yservice.py will run
as regular user and a11yclient.py will run as Hudson user.

>     Do you see any possibility to run LDTP tests in xvfb? Is the a11y
> service/client the way?

If a11yservice.py gets started when the Xvfb session starts, then you can
run the test as you expect, by invoking your script with a11yclient.py.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
Nagappan