[LDTP-Dev] LDTP to work for applications which are remoted from terminal server 2012

Kailash Gajara gajarak at vmware.com
Thu May 16 13:42:03 PDT 2013

Hello,

I would like to share one more idea for LDTP to work for applications which are remoted from terminal server to clients desktop using MS RDP. Below are the set of steps one should perform for it to work.
1. Install Cobra Ldtp on Server 2012
2. Firewall exception: Add new rule to allow Cobra Ldtop port 4118 on Server 2012
3. Run following commands as Administrator on TS command prompt
> netsh http add urlacl url= http://localhost:4118/ user=alpha1
> netsh http add urlacl url=htto://+:4118/ user=alpha1
4. Publish Cobra Ldtp on TS
Ref: http://social.technet.microsof...
5. Download CobraLdtp shortcut from rdweb on to client desktop. [Shortcut URL should have same user]
6. Launch CobraLdtp on remote host from client side.
7. Switching to server or client
Only for python:
7.1. Since python has one limitation where in one session Ldtp can listen to only one server. You can specify server address for Ldtp to listen to using following command
> Set LDTP_SERVER_ADDR=10.138.96.236
7.2. If you want Ldtp to listen to local client side desktop, you need to run another terminal with fresh new session.
8. If we use Ldtp java, it has functionality already added where in you dont need to manually start fresh terminal. You can just specify server address in script only. Refere this documentation:
> Ldtp(java.lang.String windowName, java.lang.String serverAddr, java.lang.String serverPort, java.lang.StringwindowsEnv)

Thanks,

Kailash
213-422-2548