[LDTP-Dev] Using LDTP to make applications accessible

Nagappan Alagappan nagappan at gmail.com
Sun Jan 11 23:26:20 PST 2015

Brandon,

As John mentioned, LDTP relies on the underlying accessibility library. If
the widget is not visible to the accessibility layer, then its not
available to LDTP API. For custom widgets, if you could expose the
accessibility info, that will resolve all the issues of automated testing.

I just searched and found this info -
http://www.trivedigaurav.com/blog/towards-making-kivy-apps-accessible-2/

Guess the comment was from you, on that post ?

Nagappan

On Mon, Jan 5, 2015 at 3:34 AM, Brandon Keith Biggs <
brandonkeithbiggs at gmail.com> wrote:

>  Hello,
> Does LDTP have the ability for me to specify element types over my custom
> widgets to make them accessible?
> I'm using
> Kivy <http://kivy.org/#home>
> which uses OpenGL.
> I was googling for a way to become a UIA Provider in python and
> This page came up
> <http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5487263/python-bindings-for-microsoft-ui-automation>
> with Cobra as the top answer.
> The person had no idea what he was answering, so I am asking if anyone
> else can address this issue.
> UIA on windows is the updated version of Microsoft Active Accessibility
> which can be accessed by
> PyAAPyAA <https://pypi.python.org/pypi/pyAA/2.0>
> on windows.
> To my knowledge, there is no package that focuses any documentation on
> making accessible elements with any of the new tools in python. They are
> all completely focused on automation (Which in my opinion is kind of silly
> if you can't even access the element in the first place).
> It looks as if LDTP has this ability with the map module, but there is
> very little if no documentation that I can find on this.
> If anyone can help that would be fantastic!
> thanks,
>
> --
> Brandon Keith Biggs <http://www.brandonkeithbiggs.com/>

Cross platform GUI testing
Linux Desktop (GUI Application) Testing Project -
http://ldtp.freedesktop.org
Cobra - Windows GUI Automation tool - https://github.com/ldtp/cobra
ATOMac - Mac GUI Automation tool - https://github.com/pyatom/pyatom
http://nagappanal.blogspot.com