[Libburn] Could you test this?

Bryan Forbes bryan at reigndropsfall.net
Fri Aug 27 08:22:53 PDT 2004

Here's the result of running cdrecord -toc dev=/dev/hdc on a burned cd
using libburn to burn the iso:

[?]
[?]
NOTE: this version of cdrecord is an inofficial (modified) release of
cdrecord
      and thus may have bugs that are not present in the original
version.
      Please send bug reports and support requests to
<cdrtools at packages.debian.org>.
      The original author should not be bothered with problems of this
version.

scsidev: '/dev/hdc'
devname: '/dev/hdc'
scsibus: -2 target: -2 lun: -2
Warning: Open by 'devname' is unintentional and not supported.
Linux sg driver version: 3.5.27
Using libscg version 'schily-0.8'.
Device type    : Removable CD-ROM
Version        : 0
Response Format: 2
Capabilities   :
Vendor_info    : 'MATSHITA'
Identifikation : 'CD-RW  CW-8123  '
Revision       : 'CA0T'
Device seems to be: Generic mmc2 DVD-ROM.
Using generic SCSI-3/mmc   CD-R/CD-RW driver (mmc_cdr).
Driver flags   : MMC-2 SWABAUDIO BURNFREE
Supported modes: TAO PACKET SAO SAO/R96P SAO/R96R RAW/R16 RAW/R96P
RAW/R96R
cdrecord: Success. read toc: scsi sendcmd: no error
CDB:  43 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 04 00
status: 0x2 (CHECK CONDITION)
Sense Bytes: 70 00 05 00 00 00 00 0A 00 00 00 00 24 00 00 00
Sense Key: 0x5 Illegal Request, Segment 0
Sense Code: 0x24 Qual 0x00 (invalid field in cdb) Fru 0x0
Sense flags: Blk 0 (not valid)
resid: 4
cmd finished after 0.000s timeout 40s
cdrecord: Cannot read TOC header
cdrecord: Cannot read TOC/PMA

so it looks like I can't read the toc.

On Thu, 2004-08-26 at 19:07 -0500, Derek Foreman wrote:
> On Thu, 26 Aug 2004, Bryan Forbes wrote:
>
> > I need you to run a test for me.  Download these iso images:
> > http://www.reigndropsfall.net/test.iso
> > http://www.reigndropsfall.net/isofs.iso
> >
> > and try these two tests on each for me:
> >
> > 1) run cdrecord dev=/dev/hdx y.iso
> > where x == your device letter and y == the iso name
> >
> > 2) try mounting the cd
> >
> > 3) blank the cd (cdrecord dev=/dev/hdx blank=fast)
> >
> > 4) try burning the same iso with the burniso test program in the test
> > dir of libburn.  Before burning it, change line 60 to this:
> > 	burn_write_opts_set_simulate(o, 0);
> > and recompile.
> >
> > 5) try mounting the cd.
> >
> > The first burn works and mounts for me (on PPC), but the second does
> > not.  If this works on x86, this has to be an endianness issue with
> > libburn (not libisofs) because isos created with libisofs burn correctly
> > for me (and check out with isodump and info).  Thanks in advance for
> > trying.
>
> I'll test that myself on the weekend, but one thing...
>
> Can you read the TOC on the disc you burnt with libburn?  (cdrecord -toc
> will do)
>
> if you can, can you rip it an send me the results?
>
> (there's a good chance it's totally unrippable though.)
Bryan Forbes
bryan at reigndropsfall.net
http://www.reigndropsfall.net

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless
minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds."
        - Samuel Adams, an architect of the Constitution

Key fingerprint = 3D7D B728 713A BB7B B8B1  5B61 3888 17E0 70CA 0F3D