[Libburn] Reading procedure

Tiago Cogumbreiro cogumbreiro at linus.uac.pt
Fri Oct 22 11:56:46 PDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-10-22 at 18:11, Todd Kulesza wrote:
> Bryan Forbes wrote:
> > One big problem I see is that there is no Joliet support in libisofs.
> > If you know anything about that, I think it would be wise to hack on
> > that.  What's the point of burning if you can't burn a good format? ;)
> >

> I believe Windows NT/2000/XP and possibly 98 all support Rockridge
> discs--why would we want to add Joliet?
>
> Todd
I have a VMWare image of win98 and can test on a winxp, i will test
rockridge formats. How broken is libisofs?

IMO we need a new release ASAP! We need motivation from the different
contributers/developers and after a 0.3 release we might provide/feel
that boost :)

I think I can make TAO work. I've done it once. However I need to
understand how everything works on libburn again, since I've forgotten
:(

It would be nice to add a Wiki of some sort or some official roadmap, so
we can know what to work on. Reading the roadmap[1] Derek explained
before.

0.3:
1. TAO support
2. integrate Stephane's speed-list patch in an exportable way
3. resolution to what appears to be a bug in libisofs's burn source
functions that prevents on the fly creation of ISO images

Can I have more detail on 2 and 3?

0.4:
1. HAL for selecting drives instead of the fairly hackish stuff we have right now
2. multi session support
3. DVD burning
4. Reading Images

Derek do we want HAL support? What for? Only for scanning the system
drives? (I'm not saying we shouldn't)
I have no knowledge on 2 and 3 whatsoever. However 4 would not be that
hard to work on.

[1] - http://freedesktop.org/pipermail/libburn/2004-October/000220.html