[Libburn] activity?

Derek Foreman manmower at signalmarketing.com
Sun Jul 10 23:16:47 EST 2005

On Fri, 8 Jul 2005, Joe Neeman wrote:

> I was referring more to general interest in the project than to specific
> interest in libisofs. It's been more than a year since the last CVS
> commit and I don't want to be beating my head against the wall here
> unless other people are interested too.

I really don't know how much general interest there is/ever has been in
this project.  I suspect if there was a working front end somewhere, more
folks would be interested, but for that to happen I'd probably have to
finish up TAO burning and promote it more.

> Having said that, I enclose a patch and 2 tarballs that contain my
> libisofs changes:
>
> libisofs_20050708.tar.bz2 contains my libisofs code, based on the code
> that Steven submitted a couple months back. The cvs diff was
> substantially bigger than the new code so I'm submitting it as a tarball.
>
> new_build.tar.bz2 contains changes I've made to the build system. I
> separated all the build stuff into subdirectories. Not much has changed,
> but it allows you to build a subdirectory without rebuilding the entire
> project. It has mostly new files in it, so I thought a tarball was
> better than a diff again.
>
> configure_patch is a 3-liner that updates configure.ac to fit with the
> changes introduced in new_build.tar.bz2

Thanks

What are the capabilities of libisofs in this form, btw?

Is anyone interested in taking over maintainership of the libisofs parts
of the tree?  Todd?  Steven?  Joe?

I've got a bit of a problem here... While I'm pretty much the only one
with cvs access, I don't know anything about the current state of
libisofs.

> Oh yeah, and ALWAYS remember that the next argument to "tar cf" is the
> tar file you are about to create. I almost cried when I realised what my
> "tar cf libisofs/*.{c,h}" had done... especially when the first file in
> the directory contains 800+ lines of unbacked-up code...

Harsh. :(

I seem to recall a time when gnu's "mv" would do terrible things to the
last file in the list if it wasn't a directory.  This was a bit of a shock
to a former MSDOS user who frequently used "move c:\foo\*" to move a bunch
of files into the current directory.