[Libburn] Question about libisofs (Was: burn_version patch)

Joe Neeman neeman at webone.com.au
Thu Feb 9 01:00:45 PST 2006

Andreas Schik wrote:

> On 2006-02-09 03:06:34 +0100 Derek Foreman <manmower at signalmarketing.com>
> wrote:
>
>> It's possible that libisofs will be used in an application that
>> libburn is not.  Should there be a function there anyway?
>
> Are there such cases? When?
> I am using libisofs in an app to simply create an ISO image. At least
> for the
> burn_source struct and for burn_source_free() I need libburn. Or do I
> misunderstand something here?

Libisofs never calls any functions from libburn. It requires the header
file libburn.h to define struct burn_source but that's it. You can do
without libburn entirely if you work around burn_source_free by just doing
source->free_data(source);
free(source);
because libisofs never keeps any internal references to the burn-source
it returns (so you don't need to worry about the reference counting).

Joe