[Libburn] Re: FYI: my current modifications versus CVS of 8 Dec 2005

scdbackup at gmx.net scdbackup at gmx.net
Wed Jan 4 12:45:10 PST 2006

Hi,

i just had the opportunity to test my timeout patch
with the DMA-ill DVD-ROM and a 2.6.14 kernel.
Regrettably it does not help in that situation
because obviously it gets stuck somewhere else.

The timeout worked fine with read-only drives
but that will be tackled by libburn directly.

Although my remedy proposal is obsolete now,
there still is the need to tell the user about
problematic addresses when drive scanning gets stuck.
If i didn't know that the DVD-ROM is ill then
i would have had to search for quite a while.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas