[Libburn] Re: 64 bit off_t

Sander Sweers sander.sweers at gmail.com
Sun Mar 12 06:17:24 PST 2006

Sorry for the late reply, I have been busy with things and had no time
to burn a few cd's.

On Wed, 2006-02-22 at 12:02 +0100, scdbackup at gmx.net wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > I made an ebuild for it and posted it on the forums:
> > http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-423501-highlight-.html
>
> Hoorray, a tester !
> Be welcome.

The ebuild in on the above link is now updated to the latest version.

> > As soon as you can get rid of your special libburn i'll submit it to
> > bugs.gentoo.org. Probably will be closed with "later" but then it is
> > there for users to test.
>
> I am wiggeling and toggeling to produce acceptable proposals.
> One point is still open.

Good to hear :)

> > Well, i'm wanting to get rid of cdrecord if only there was a working
> > replacement. Now with cdrskin its getting close :)
>
> The list of larger wishes has grown meanwhile.
>
> Not only -tao and -abort, but also -multi seems to be a
> very essential cdrecord option for some people.
> (I could not spot any signs for multi-session support in
> the API documentation. Additionally i myself have no
> experience with mkisofs|cdrecord in mult-session situations.
> Still quite a way to go.)
>
> There has also been expressed interest in a burner program
> that is able to burn both, CD and DVD, like it is done by
> cdrecord-ProDVD or the hacked cdrecord versions.
>

> > Anyway, if you need me to do some tests let me know. I have an amd64
> > running 64bit gentoo. I have no programming skils but if there is
> > anything i can do...
>
> It would be interesting to know wether one of the binaries
> is willing to run on your system:
>   http://scdbackup.sourceforge.net/cdrskin_0.1.2.0.2.ts-x86-suse9_0.tar.gz
>   http://scdbackup.sourceforge.net/cdrskin_0.1.2.0.2.ts-x86-suse9_0-static.tar.gz

Yes, these work fine on my amd64 system.

> Do you use frontends to cdrecord which could be talked into
> trying cdrskin ? I did this with K3b and it would be
> encouraging to learn that other programs are also willing to
> use it (within its current restrictions).
> See:
>   http://scdbackup.sourceforge.net/k3b_on_cdrskin.html
> I could need lists of missing options resp. message output
> that is expected by such frontends. Especially the output
> compatibility needs of other programs are mainly guessed
> up to now.

I mosty use k3b for creating cd/dvd. For iso I tend to use the
commandline.

However gentoo has many frontend which i can try out and see how they do
with cdrskin.

I also updated to your latest release and the thing now compiles and
runs fine. I am writing a cd with cdrskin as I type this e-mail.