[Libdlo] tubecable 0.1 - a low-level library for Displaylink devices with compression support

Phil Endecott spam_from_libdlo at chezphil.org
Mon Jun 1 08:06:56 PDT 2009

Phil Endecott wrote:
> If no-one else is volunteering I'll have a go at turning your
> compression code into something more efficient, i.e. a binary table.

I've been having a go at this but a couple of things have become apparent:

- It is not entirely obvious what Florian's code actually does; just as
I think I understand it I discover another "if (x%256==0)..." somewhere
that adds another level of implicit looping.  What we really need first
is some documentation of what the format actually is.

- It would be great to have some version control for Florian's (and
also Roberto's) work.

I think both of these need to be addressed before I can do anything else.

Regards,  Phil.