[Libdlo] First xorg driver and udlfb 2.1

Phil Endecott spam_from_libdlo at chezphil.org
Tue Jun 2 14:38:59 PDT 2009

Roberto De Ioris wrote:
> Hi all, i am pleased to announce the release of the first xorg driver
> for displaylink devices.

Fantastic!

> It is based on the standard fbdev and you can download from:
>
> http://projects.unbit.it/downloads/xf86-video-displaylink-0.1.tar.gz

Actually I think that's a tar.bz2.

It all compiled smoothly and works perfectly for me.  The performance
is quite respectable on the small mimo screen.

Does anyone know how to make X auto-add screens? (e.g. with the help of
udev and HAL)

I haven't tried xinerama yet.  I would probably be more interested in
using it as a separate (output-only?) display; I'll have to investigate
how to do that.

> As the kernel module, the xorg driver is under the GPL2

Have you considered using the X license?

Regards,  Phil.