[Libdlo] libtubecable 0.1.1

Florian Echtler floe at butterbrot.org
Sun Jun 7 01:51:32 PDT 2009

Hello Henrik,

> > I can't find any errors now. Please do test
> > this release and tell me whether there are still any visual glitches.
> I found one major problem: the value of  RESTART_OFFSET  in tubecable.c
> should be 20, not 70.
Oops, you're right. I forgot to test the leaf image, and with offset 70,
it actually crashes my device. However, with offset 20, I still get
pixel errors sometimes. I've now set it to 50 for the moment, and this
seems to work in all cases I've tried.

But this still is a hack nevertheless.. especially when considering that
this code doesn't yet support images shorter than the screen width.

> I have attached a patch which speeds up Huffman encoding, by outputting
> more than 1 bit at a time. On my PC it reduces the time it takes to
> compress the 'leaf' image from typically 85 ms to typically 45 ms.
Thanks, a very good idea. I've pushed this to the repository, and I've
also moved the conversion from single bytes to uint32_t into the loading
routine. Should perhaps add a little bit more speed.

Again, please pull from the git repo and test.

Yours, Florian
--
0666 - Filemode of the Beast