[Libdlo] libdlo dynamic modeset

Florian Echtler floe at butterbrot.org
Sun Jun 14 23:11:32 PDT 2009

> The libdlo git tree also now has code to do a dynamic modeset directly
> from VESA video timings to the DL video registers.  Through the API,
> this path is hit whenever a mode is set with NULL parameters or zero
> width -- and in that case, it pulls the VESA video timings from the
> preferred detailed timings in the EDID, and directly sets that mode.
> The library's tests use this new path by default.

Hello Bernie,

many thanks, this is very interesting. Just out of curiosity, I have one
question about this comment:

* LFSR isn't actually in the mode registers for encryption purposes
* (which is why it doesn't apply to all registers). It's actually
* for convenience on the hardware side, as the registers are used as counters

Can you explain a bit more what the connection between LFSRs and counters
is in this case? I don't really get it at the moment..

Thanks again,
Yours, Florian
--
"_Nothing_ brightens up my morning. Coffee simply provides a shade of
grey just above the pitch-black of the infinite depths of the _abyss_."