[Libdlo] Graphics issues with gnome 2.16

Bernie Thompson bernie at berniethompson.com
Mon Nov 16 08:39:10 PST 2009

Hi Alexander,

http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/libdlo/2009-August/000306.html

May be what you're looking for.  Here's it as a 4 line script.  Add
these lines into /etc/gdm/Init/Default, right after the definition of
gdmwhich()

XRANDR=`gdmwhich xrandr`
if [ "x$XRANDR" != "x" ]; then
  $XRANDR -o 0
fi

This aught to be fixed in the X server, but haven't had the chance to
touch it.  If anyone has any patches to set xrandr to a "normal"
rotation by default, it'd be much appreciated.

In addition to the script above, there are a few other small
improvements to the multiseat setup (It's what I actually use
day-to-day), e.g. to fix the delay on boot with terminal connected,
and to have terminals come up automatically on boot -- will look to
get the multiseat documentation (for GDM <= 2.20 -- the "new" GDM >
2.28 will be much different) caught up to those in the next day or
two.

Thanks,
Bernie