[Libdlo] displaylink-mod-0.3 + xf86-driver + nvidia card + ubuntu jaunty

Diego Cantor diego.cantor at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 13:44:01 PDT 2009

Dear Friends,

I recently got a DisplayLink adapter and I am trying to get it to work.
Following the instructions published in
http://libdlo.freedesktop.org/wiki/HowTo
I downloaded and installed:

displaylink-mod-0.3
xf86-driver-displaylink
and I applied the glib patch for my Ubuntu Jaunty distribution.

When I reboot, I can see the green screen. However I got an error
message telling me that gnome will start in low graphics mode to
troubleshoot the problem.

This is what my xorg.0.log looks like:
(See attached file)

And this is my xorg.conf file:
(See attached file)

I got these errors:

(EE) DL(1): Unknown EDID version 211
(EE) DL(1): Unknown EDID version 217

And though I am a good programmer, this area is totally out of my reach.

I wonder if someone could kindly point me on the right direction.

Thanks a lot,

--

Diego Cantor-Rivera
mailto:diego.cantor at gmail.com

p.s. Internet Privacy
My PGP public key is attached to this message.
If you want to know how to use my key please let me know.

Ma cle publique PGP est attachee a ce message.
Si tu veux savoir comment l'utiliser, demande-moi pour renseignements.

Mi llave publica PGP se encuentra anexada a este correo.
Si quieres saber como usar mi llave, preguntame.