[Libdlo] Multiseat config problem...

Bernie Thompson bernie at berniethompson.com
Tue Sep 15 07:31:23 PDT 2009

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for trying the multiseat stuff.  I haven't tried Debian 5.0, but if
you're not getting anything at all in /dev/usbseat, it seems like the
50-usbseat.rules are not getting executed at all.  Are the .rules files in
the same location on Debian 5.0?  Do the permissions and ownership match
those of the other .rules?  There have been some small udev syntax changes
in the past, but all recent distros should be the same.  I'd look first for
something major out of place (perhaps the point of the hang).

On that, try disabling the use of the displaylink device as a text console:
via http://libdlo.freedesktop.org/wiki/TextConsole or some better method.

Perhaps also try testing the rules independently:
http://reactivated.net/writing_udev_rules.html#testing

Won't help this problem, but I'll have some small simplifications to
http://libdlo.freedesktop.org/wiki/MultiSeatTerminal shortly.  Also, the
xrandr -o 0 workaround is essential for getting multiseat on Ubuntu 9.04 is
working better (but still has some other problems vs. Ubuntu  8.10, e.g.
input events getting reflected to the console).

Thanks for reporting back (or adding to the libdlo wiki) any solutions you
find!

Thanks,
Bernie