[Libdlo] DL vendor descriptor separate from config desc?

Bernie Thompson bernie at plugable.com
Mon Dec 13 11:53:03 PST 2010

Hi Andrew,

On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 11:32 AM, Andrew Kephart <akephart at akephart.org> wrote:
>  No problem.  The config should be attached (output from lsusb -v -v),
> and I'll start working up a patch for pulling from the config descriptor
> if found.

Thanks for emailing the lsusb output. Actually, I think udlfb just
isn't handling composite devices properly yet (e.g. the need for your
vendor/class match patch).  I see the extended vendor-specific
DisplayLink info is in the interface descriptor on this device.  So it
seems like there should be some better way for udlfb to know whether
it is representing a USB device or a USB interface, and when it
queries for the descriptor, get the appropriate one.

But I haven't dug in to really understand this area, as I didn't have
composite devices in my test mix.  Thanks for taking a look at this,
Andrew.

Bernie