[Libdlo] Getting semi-decoded MPEG data?

Bernie Thompson bernie at plugable.com
Mon Feb 22 14:29:18 PST 2010

Hi Florian,

I don't know enough about the mpeg decode path to steer anyone straight here.

You're right, it definitely seems like there should be an opportunity
for better mpeg decode/motion comp with device to device blits and
panning the framebuffer (libdlo shows how to do both of these - udlfb
uses neither today because they don't help normal X operations).

I'm sure you're already familiar with all this, but a starting point:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X-Video_Motion_Compensation.

Best wishes,
Bernie