[Libdlo] Still trouble with xorg in ubuntu 9.10

Andrew Magee amagee at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 14:31:31 PST 2010

I had another go at displaylink on ubuntu 9.10.  I did this, as
recommended by Bernie:

git clone http://git.plugable.com/webdav/udlfb
cd udlfb
make
sudo make install
sudo depmod -a

Then (as this package doesn't include displaylink_drv.so as required
by the X settings), I used this package to provide that:
http://projects.unbit.it/downloads/udlfb-0.2.3_and_xf86-video-displaylink-0.3.tar.gz
.  I only built the "xf86-video-displaylink" portion of this archive
as I guessed the git udflb would be better.

I still get only a green screen.

My xorg.conf is here: http://studstudy.com/~amagee/xorg.conf
My X log file is here: http://studstudy.com/~amagee/Xorg.0.log

One thing that may be interesting is I have two /dev/fb* devices:
/dev/fb0 and /dev/fb1.  If I set the xorg.conf to refer to /dev/fb0, I
get the green screen, if I use /dev/fb1 I get a black screen.

Thanks for any help.

Magee.