[Libdlo] Getting things up on CentOS

Alexander Todorov atodorov at otb.bg
Wed Jan 20 01:35:20 PST 2010

Bernie Thompson wrote:
> For those who haven't looked closer at his link, Alexander has done a bunch
> of great work for the multiseat scenario on Redhat.  The automatic ALSA_CARD
> configuration, for example, is something that's not present in the earlier
> multiseat scripts and is useful across distros.  Will make sure all the new
> stuff gets ported back.

It's worth mentioning that the ALSA stuff is not very robust. I manually create
a symlink to /sys under /dev/usbseat/X/sound so that I know which is the sound
device attached to particular seat. I'm not using vendor/product ids for that
because those are not detected consistently every time, i.e. do not generate
udev events. Upon first boot you may end-up without sound device. I read that
this is a bug in udev probably but didn't have much time to investigate.

--
Alexander.