[Libdlo] a link to a video of my display project.

Hal Glenn hglenn at 2g-eng.com
Tue Jan 26 19:49:05 PST 2010

I wrote a python program that handles everything.

It uses the Popen suprocess call to launch an X server for each display/seat
when it arrives. I changed a few of the default X setting in the Xauthority
file to enable me to run X from user space and my python app basically just
watched for new seats to appear. Once the seat show's up it checks the
serial number of the display using udevadm, compares that to an INI file
that associates a monitors serial number with the app it is supposed to run.
It then watches the tasks to make sure they are still alive, and that the
seat did not leave. If it does it kills the process then re-spawns them when
the correct moniter seat and serial number show back up.

Hal

--
Hal Glenn
2G Engineering LLC