[Libdlo] Problem with reading EDID from monitor that should work

Alexander Todorov atodorov at otb.bg
Wed Sep 15 02:29:17 PDT 2010

Bernie Thompson wrote:
> The vendor descriptor is part of the USB descriptors coming directly
> from the USB device (the DispayLink device's firmware).  So you should
> see the "dlfb: Unrecognized vendor firmware descriptor" (or lack of
> it), regardless of what monitor is attached.
>
> All recent DisplayLink devices have this extra area of the USB
> descriptors, and it's the only place where we can get reliable
> information about what the particular DisplayLink chip's mode limits
> are.  So the unrecognized firmware descriptor warning should be rare,
> and only with older devices.

Thanks for the explanation, indeed my hardware is old and doesn't have this.

Strange enough is that I've started this morning with a clean system and
installed the driver again. The same system, same driver, same hardware -
everything up and running without problems.

I don't know what the problem was.

Regards,
Alexander.