[Libdlo] ubuntu 10.04 / Lilliput UM-70 as secondary screen

Leho Kraav leho at kraav.com
Sat Aug 20 03:13:52 PDT 2011

On 19.08.11 22:00, libdlo-request at lists.freedesktop.org wrote:

> i'm using ubuntu 10.04 and have a Lilliput UM-70 displaylink-based
> monitor. i've found a patchwork of guides explaining how to get it
> running without much luck. mostly karuppuswamy.com's[1]. the best i can
> do is get it running as a
> primary monitor. the gdm login window and my main desktop will show up
> on it. the UM-70 is a tiny 7" screen so this config is unacceptable. i
> would like it to be a secondary screen next to my primary screen that i
> can drag stuff to, for example.

AFAIK there is currently no way to have a unified desktop over more than
one driver. As you've noticed, the other driver (driving DisplayLink)
simply gets unloaded.  Currently the best approach usability wise seems
to be to have a separate X server running for the USB monitor.

--
Skype : lkraav Twitter: @lkraav