[Libdlo] running 2 instances of X for multihead display

S W partita1234 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 16 22:12:44 PDT 2011

I just realized that I forgot to enclosed the Xorg.1.log pertinent to the
error messages

  (EE) DL(0): Unknown EDID version 146
  (EE) DL(0): Unknown EDID version 31

Upon rereading the log, I notice that line preceeding the first error was

  [    16.587] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/intel_drv.so

Could it be that I need a different driver to support the displaylink
device?  But I got the same error message for both the GMA4500 and 945
chipsets...  I don't know where the second error message was able.

Thanks for your help and patience.