[Libdlo] 2.6.39-2-686 xf-video-udlfb does not compile

Justin Hammond justin at dynam.ac
Sun Jul 31 06:58:12 PDT 2011

Hi,

configure:3137: checking for C compiler default output file name
configure:3159: gcc    conftest.c  >&5
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lgcc_s

Your compiler can not even compile a basic program, so its nothing wrong
with udlfb code. Your system is missing a library called libgcc_s.(so|a).
You need to search your distribution for that library packageŠ.

But at a guess, this is a integral part of the compiler softwareŠ so I
suspect something more sinister with your install.

Justin