[Libdlo] Display Link on Linux

Matt Dorsch libdlo at dorscm.wakeful.net
Fri Jun 17 12:26:10 PDT 2011

I had similar issues. I ended up using the displaylink x driver, not
the fbdev driver. It's working great for me in 14 and 15.

First, I recommend looking at this thread on where the code is now stored:
http://web.archiveorange.com/archive/v/BNQl8ARde6yPY7o4ppz2
(or searching for 'DisplayLink "Current Code Location"' should work.)
You probably just need the x driver, not the udlfb kernel module, as
that is already in the F15 kernel rpm file.

Second, note that the displaylink and fbdev "make install" commands
default to placing the driver module in
/usr/local/lib/xorg/modules/drivers. Your ldconfig may not find it
there. You'll either need to move it to /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers
and then run ldconfig, or add that local path to your ld directory
list and rerun ldconfig.

Matt