No subject

Tue Oct 4 14:12:13 PDT 2011

modprobe udlfb defio=3D1 console=3D1

Or for permanent option, create file like /etc/modprobe.d/options with text
options udlfb defio=3D1 console=3D1

Accepted options:

fb_defio        Make use of the fb_defio (CONFIG_FB_DEFERRED_IO) kernel
                module to track changed areas of the framebuffer by page fa=
ults.
                Standard fbdev applications that use mmap but that do not
                report damage, may be able to work with this enabled.
                Disabled by default because of overhead and other issues.

console         Allow fbcon to attach to udlfb provided framebuffers. This
                is disabled by default because fbcon will aggressively cons=
ume
                the first framebuffer it finds, which isn't usually what th=
                user wants in the case of USB displays.

So you should be able to attach the console to it, if you either put
it in your /etc/conf.d/modules (Gentoo) or wherever your distribution
puts the options, probably somewhere /etc/modprobe.conf?

Hope that helps,

Marcus