[Libdlo] Display Link on slow processor

Tim Green timothy.j.green at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 02:28:59 PST 2012

On 17 January 2012 17:12, Szymon Olewniczak <szymon.olewniczak at rid.pl> wrote:
> Hi,
> I' m using Debian Linux on my netbook and I want to buy Display Link card in
> order to connect extra monitor to my computer. But as you could expect my
> netbook doesn't have very strong processor(800 MHz - mipsel - 64bit). So
> which USB video card do you recommend? Which do you know to work with slow
> processors?

Hi Szymon,

DisplayLink devices are sold according to the maximum screen size they
support so choose your device based on the size of the screen you want
to use. They will all work with slow processors, in the sense the
electronics at the other end of the USB cable doesn't care what the
host is. Here is a video of a DisplayLink adapter being used on a
phone: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-bLOc1qnMM

Hope this helps,
Tim.