[Libdlo] DisplayLink driver for BlackBerry

Tim Green timothy.j.green at gmail.com
Fri Aug 2 12:51:37 PDT 2013

Hi Alex,

First I have to ask: does your phone have host mode USB? Without this
you are out of luck. Can you plug a USB keyboard into your phone to
test?

To answer your questions:
1. Yes, libdlo is a user mode library to draw on DisplayLink displays.

2. Yes, USB access is obviously a must. I don't know how BB10 arranges
its graphics. A simple screen sharing app is probably scraping the
screen contents (maybe even just doing a basic screen shot as
frequently as possible?)

3. The current DisplayLink Linux kernel driver provides a standard
Frame Buffer (FB) interface. X can then use this.

Hope this helps!
Tim.