[libmbim-devel] Why did the commit IDs change from gitorious to freedesktop?

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at lanedo.com
Mon Apr 22 00:20:43 PDT 2013

On 04/21/2013 09:51 PM, Bjørn Mork wrote:
> Brand new list.  Better start complaining about something else then :)
>
> bjorn at nemi:/usr/local/src/git/libmbim$ git remote -v
> gitorious       git://gitorious.org/lanedo/libmbim.git (fetch)
> gitorious       git://gitorious.org/lanedo/libmbim.git (push)
> origin  git://anongit.freedesktop.org/libmbim/libmbim.git (fetch)
> origin  git://anongit.freedesktop.org/libmbim/libmbim.git (push)
>
> bjorn at nemi:/usr/local/src/git/libmbim$ git log --oneline origin/master^^^^..origin/master
> 953e5c4 release: bump version to 0.0.2
> a9ec433 mbim-device: try to get max control message size from the descriptors file
> c310e9e libmbim-glib,device: retry the 'Open' command several times
> df0804c mbim-codegen: huge refactor
>
> bjorn at nemi:/usr/local/src/git/libmbim$ git log --oneline gitorious/master^^^^..gitorious/master
> cf0dc94 release: bump version to 0.0.2
> 636992e mbim-device: try to get max control message size from the descriptors file
> b58f50d libmbim-glib,device: retry the 'Open' command several times
> 6df3e90 mbim-codegen: huge refactor
>

> Same patches, but new IDs.  I don't particularly like that....  Why
> can't the freedesktop repo be created as a clone of the existing one?

I always took the gitorious one as a temp repo waiting for the official
one... The problem is that I had several fixup! commands in the
gitorious one, which is why the commit ids changed, I rebased
--autosquash the branch before pushing it to freedesktop. So the branch
really has the same contents, just some commits were squashed... Sorry
for the confusion :/

--
Aleksander