MBIM-Proxy

Greg Suarez gpsuarez2512 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 24 18:16:59 PST 2014

Hi Aleksander,

On Fri, Jan 24, 2014 at 1:24 PM, Aleksander Morgado <
aleksander at aleksander.es> wrote:

> On 24/01/14 22:20, Greg Suarez wrote:
> > It looks like I'm going to need to either modify mbim_device_open() to
> > accept a flags parameter to specify whether to use the proxy.  Would it
> be
> > better to create a new function mbim_device_proxy_open() or should we
> force
> > the change on existing clients?
>
> A new method is better. What I'm not sure is what it should look like.
> Is it better a method explicitly specifying that the proxy will be used,
> or otherwise a more generic method (e.g. mbim_device_proxy_open_full())
> where we just start accepting a set of flags, like libqmi does?

I'm almost to the point where I would try to get it compiling... except I'm
trying to figure out
how to pass the file path from the client to the proxy.  I was thinking
about using one of the
reserved BASIC_CONNECT CIDs (17,18) to pass along the file path.  What do
you think?
Maybe Bjorn has an opinion on this too?

Regards,

Greg